Our One Mission
OMS is a global mission working in over seventy countries on six continents. Through prayer and action we seek to fulfill the Great Commission in some of the most challenging areas of the world.One Mission Society unites in partnership with more than 180 organizations and denominations for one purpose: to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ spread throughout the world, with the greatest number of disciples made, and to see God glorified in all that we say and do — to help fulfill the Great Commission. This has been, is and always will be our One Mission.
Here's a look at One Mission Society by the numbers:
- OMS-related ministries are carried out in more than 45 languages around the world.
- OMS ministry includes more than 14,000 indigenous coworkers.
- OMS plants more than 6,000 churches every year.
- OMS is an evangelical, interdenominational faith mission that has 30+ denominations represented within its missionary membership.
Our mission is succinctly defined by our mission statement:
By God's grace, One Mission Society unites, inspires and equips Christians to make disciples of Jesus Christ, multiplying dynamic communities of believers around the world.
Our One Calling
One Mission Society was founded on the principle that the most effective way to share Christ is by training a nation's people to lead and multiply their churches. These principles, along with enabling ministries and compassion ministries, are the basis of our dynamic four-fold focus:
- Intentional Evangelism: We become vessels of Christ, leading people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus, and then, we ensure that each person is discipled.
- Planting Churches: We encourage, empower and support new believers to form vital, thriving and life-changing churches.
- Training Leaders: We equip leaders in our training centers and seminaries worldwide so the future leaders of the national churches will be from within that country.
- Forming Strategic Partnerships: We show the world that Christians are united to spread the Gospel by working together with other mission organizations, ministries and churches in the countries we serve.